Contact us if you want an access to the press area
On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the CAC – la synagogue de Delme, the artist David Lieske was invited to organize a tennis tournament whose players will be invited to dress in DL-COURTWEAR tennis outfits, thought and designed by himself.
The tournament will take place as follows:
- Eight players are invited to register and compete from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday July 8, 2023 on the tennis court of the Tennis Club de Delme.
- The tournament is mixed, with no age limit.
- Each player will be up to date with their FFT or foreign license.
- Each match will be played in two sets of four games each, and will end under the “sudden death” rule in the event of a tie.
- Each player will wear a tennis outfit created by David Lieske, which they can choose according to its shape and color.
Free registration by reservation on 03 87 01 43 42 or email@example.com
About the artist:
David Lieske (1979, Hamburg) is an artist, musician, music producer living between London and Berlin. He co-founded Label Dial Records in 1999 and DJs under the pseudonym Carsten Jost. He created and directed the Mathew gallery in Berlin, then in New York from 2012 to 2018. He also co-created the fashion magazine 299 792 458 m/s. A well-known tennis fan, he created the DL-COURTWEAR tennis clothing line. David Lieske uses his multiple identities to enrich his work and deliver in his installations a reflection on the image and the role of the artist in the materialization of intellectual concepts in an economic context where art and business maintain dangerous links. By leading different careers, David Lieske brilliantly blurs the tracks of the so-called fixed identity of the artist and raises questions of a cultural, economic, social, conceptual and political order.
The tennis tournament for the 30th anniversary of the CAC – la synagogue de Delme is organized in partnership, and with the kind authorization of the Tennis Club of Delme.